Open Vs Free BSD

Timo Schoeler timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Fri Jun 19 12:21:46 UTC 2009

thus demuel at thephinix.org spake:
> Oh why can't this versus this versus that never dies? There had been
> raging debate about which OSes is much better compared to the others since
> time immemorial. Sure, each one has its own merits over the others and
> vice versa.

Exactly.

> So why feeding this issue up since up to this very moment,
> there is no winner.

The solution is very easy, IMHO... I have been quite 'radical' WRT the
OS I chose to use in the past. I ran/run all, i.e. Net/Open/FreeBSD and
DragonFly, among others. I took part in the BSD vs. GNU discussion in
the past. But what I learnt during the years is this:

* There's always a 'best choice' for the job. On the load balancer I
choose OpenBSD, and on my GFs computer I install Ubuntu. Vice versa
would not work.

* Life's to short for those narrow-headed discussions.

Timo