Upgrade from 7.1-RELEASE to 7.2-RELEASE through freebsd update

Erwan David erwan at rail.eu.org
Thu Jun 18 18:09:18 UTC 2009

Le Thu 18/06/2009, Ruben de Groot disait
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:34:54AM +0200, Erwan David typed:
> > 	I tried to upgrade my 7.1-RELEASE into 7.2-RELEASE. However
> > freebsd-update kept asking me to merge every file in /etc whose $Id$
> > line changed (that makes about all files).
> >
> > Is there a way, as with mergemaster, to make it not consider the $Id$
> > line for the manual merge ?
>
> You could let freebsd-update ignore /etc (but not /usr/src) and use
> mergemaster for your configuration files.
>

> Ruben

I do not master enough either freebsd-update nor mergemaster to tell the
former not to do the merge, but only download what is necessary for the latter
to work.

If I understand well, I can tell not to touch /etc (removing it from
MergeChanges), but I would not be able to find what is then needed for
mergemaster.

--
Erwan