Does this disk/filesystem layout look sane to you?

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Jun 15 08:57:42 UTC 2009

> Haven't had time to test (stuck at work), but I will trust your word
> :) Well, this sounds nice and sensible. I am curious though if there

It's good isn't it ? I just did another test, replacing both drives
wuth smaller ones, and you can't then recursively add an even smaller one
in :-) If you were wondering why I tried that, I just wanted to make sure
it wasn't an off-by-one error somewhere letting it happen. I guess it
encodes a 'minimum size' for the drives.

> have been any numbers regarding how much do "actual" drive sizes vary
> in the real world when it comes to disks of same
> manufacturer/model/size. I guess this probably varies from

In my expereince all the ones from the same manufacturer and model are
exactly the same size. Admittedly I only ever buy SCSI, but that
shouldnt make too much difference should it ?

-pete.