Does this disk/filesystem layout look sane to you?

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 16:17:58 UTC 2009

Hello list.

I just wanted to have an extra pair (or a dozen) of eyes look this
configuration over before I commit to it (tested it in VMWare just in
case, it works, so I am considering doing this on real hardware soon).
I drew a nice diagram: http://www.pastebin.ca/1460089 Since it doesnt
show on the diagram, let me clarify that the geom mirror consumers as
well as the vdevz for ZFS RAIDZ are going to be partitions (raw disk
=> full disk slice => swap partition | mirror provider partition | zfs
vdev partition | unused.

Is there any actual downside to having a 5-way mirror vs a 2-way or a 3-way one?

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov