reecommendations for an 'appliance" platform ?

Tuomo Latto djv at iki.fi
Sun Jun 14 12:04:48 UTC 2009

Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> TJ Varghese wrote:
>>> They're also fanless. :)
>>>
>> Chipset has a fan, however the processor itself is fanless. I've read
>
> You are correct about the Intel GCLF2, however I was talking
> specifically about the tranquil system.  They build their systems to be
> fanless, so I assume they remove the stock heatsinks/fans.  The systems
> are quite heavy if you look at the specs, so the casing is probably a
> big heatsink.

Tom's Hardware had an interesting article last year:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/Atom-Athlon-Efficient,1997.html

I'd like to see what current processors can achieve.

--
Tuomo

... The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is
    its continuing cancellation of the steady and staggering gains made
    by the computer hardware industry.         -- Henry Petroski