reecommendations for an 'appliance" platform ?

TJ Varghese tj at tjvarghese.com
Sun Jun 14 11:19:05 UTC 2009

Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> <snip>
> No, I don't think you will need a CF->SATA adapter.  A simple CF->ATA
> adapter should do.  Those systems just have an Intel GCLF2 board in
> them, which has both SATA and ATA:
>
> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D-overview.htm
>

> Best you mail them to confirm though...
>
> They're also fanless. :)

Chipset has a fan, however the processor itself is fanless. I've read
somewhere that the fan is a weakpoint. Can't personally confirm that
since I haven't used it long enough.
The GCLF2D is a new revision, slightly cheaper but minus the SVideo-out
(iirc), which was found on the earlier GCLF2. SVideo is an unnecessary
expense for an appliance anyway.