Something since June 8th clobbers my disk...

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Sat Jun 13 20:41:35 UTC 2009

On 13 Jun 2009, at 12:50 PM, Paul B. Mahol wrote:

> I doubt it is loader fault, from your description it appears that
> loader is never started.
>
> Could you try to remove -DLOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT from Makefile?
>
>> /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/Makefile

BINGO!  LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT is the culprit.

I rebuilt the good world, and brought in the loader changes which have
caused previously caused death to my drive, then deleted the
ZFS_SUPPORT path in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/Makefile as you
recommended, and rebuilt things and everything works fine.

Now what do we do?

Dan