Something since June 8th clobbers my disk...

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Thu Jun 11 21:44:25 UTC 2009

On 11 Jun 2009, at 3:40 PM, Paul B. Mahol wrote:

> Are you using ZFS on root partition?

No.  The disk is the default (UFS2 I believe).

So I just reinstalled BSD again and this time I did not reinitialize
the file system and after a brief disk integrity check it reinstalled
and files I had added were still there!

So apparently the file system did not get munged as much as the main
disk partition map got nailed.

So, what has changed recently that could mess with the disk partition
map?  I have Windows on the first disk partition and it has not been
harmed with these problems.

Dan