I need to add commands that starts every time at system boot.

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 9 18:58:26 UTC 2009

AES wrote:
> I need to add commands that starts every time at system boot.
>
> which script is the one that starts first and where can I find it?

If you're Ok with running your commands late in the boot process then
/etc/rc.local is your best bet.

If what you're doing needs to happen in a certain order relative to
the rest of the boot system then you'll want to write your own
rc.d-style script and put it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/. There are
several articles in the Handbook that will help you in writing your
own script.

hth,

Doug