I need to add commands that starts every time at system boot.

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Sun Jun 7 18:30:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 10:29:57AM -0700, AES wrote:
> I need to add commands that starts every time at system boot.
>
> which script is the one that starts first and where can I find it?

  You should add a script of your own to the directory
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, and have it check the first parameter to see under
what circumstances it is being invoked.  If the first parameter is
"start", then the system is being started, or at least you are
requesting that your script be run as if it were starting.

  I strongly recommend against adding anything to the /etc/rc script
itself.  If you feel you just *can't* do it via a script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, which is the better way, add a script called
/etc/rc.local and that will be run after all the other start-up steps.

  "man rc" for more information, man "rcorder" if you need to control
the order in which your script runs relative to other startup scripts.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/