ZFS NAS configuration question

Philipp Wuensche cryx-freebsd at h3q.com
Wed Jun 3 14:42:53 UTC 2009

Dan Naumov wrote:

> Reading that made me pause for a second and made me go "WOW", this is how
> UNIX system upgrades should be done. Any hope of us lowly users ever seeing
> something like this implemented in FreeBSD? :)

I wrote a script implementing the most useful features of the solaris
live upgrade, the only thing missing is selecting a boot-environment
from the loader and freebsd-update support as I write the script on a
system running current. I use this on all my freebsd-zfs boxes and it is
extremely useful!

http://anonsvn.h3q.com/projects/freebsd-patches/wiki/manageBE

greetings,
philipp