Weird portmaster behaviour -- everything fails to install

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Jul 28 09:48:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 06:13:07PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> >corresponding to port revisions.  Portmaster was checking the
> >installed version against the MD5 hashes in the "old" version
> >+CONTENTS file, and they weren't matching.
>
> FYI, portmaster doesn't do anything with the md5 hashes in +CONTENTS, but
> duplicate entries will definitely cause "issues."

Hmm.  Well, *something* was whinging about the MD5 hashes not
matching (and indeed they weren't), just before the install
failed.  Could it have been the process that builds a backup
package from the installed files?

Thanks for making portmaster, btw.  It's a great tool, and I
find that I prefer it to portupgrade, although I can't say that
I can put my finger on why, exactly...

Cheers,

--
Andrew