status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Sun Jul 26 03:07:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 06:42:44PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > i see that for 8.x you suggest using fc10, which is also something i
> > tried on RELENG_7 but had similar symptoms. Is there any known reason
> > why HEAD and RELENG_7 should be different in terms of linux_base support ?
>
> Here is what is working for me for both Flash9 and Skype:
> linux_base-f8-8_11
> nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_2
> skype-2.0.0.72,1
> linux-flashplugin-9.0r159:
>
> Be sure that your various linux packages are updated to the -f8-
> versions, too. The upgrade for linux_base is the tricky one.

Unfortunately I think there are many more details that one has
to consider, such as CPU type and number of cores/threads,
OS version, and presumably firefox version as well.
Can you tell me more on the above ?

I had flash9 working once, but it don't remember all the packages
(and something was stale for sure); it got broken while installing
skype (a mail thread mentioned an issue with some shared lib version,
which was exactly the problem i had with skype. The fix was to
either create a symlink on a library or install linux_base-f10 to fix it).

An example of the URLs that is giving me problems is the following

http://tv.repubblica.it/copertina/massa-colpito-da-un-detrito/35446?video

(basically all videos from that site cause the same problem). I would be
grateful if you cold check it.

cheers
luigi