status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Jul 25 13:34:49 UTC 2009

Marc Fonvieille <blackend at freebsd.org> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 01:55:25PM +0200, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

>> i see that for 8.x you suggest using fc10, which is also something i
>> tried on RELENG_7 but had similar symptoms. Is there any known reason
>> why HEAD and RELENG_7 should be different in terms of linux_base support ?
>
> You should ask this question to bsam (CCed) which is our linux_base
> expert.

There are two cases here.

The first one is resolving issue. I'm not sure if all the needed changes
were done to RELENG_7 to let resolving work with linux_base-f10. If any
linux port/application that uses resolving (i.e. www/linux-firefox)
work at RELENG_7 then an MFC has been done. But that issue should not
influence flashplugin.

The second one (an absence of some syscalls) will not be resolved
at RELENG_7 due to an ABI changes. I'm not aware of linux applications
affected though. May be it's print/acroread9 but I'm not sure.

As for the original question. I don't use flash so can't be very
helpful here. But there are reports at emulation@ ML that both
linux-f8-flashplugin10 and linux-f10-flashplugin10 work better
then flashplugin[7|9].

--
WBR, bsam