ue0 dhclient FBSD8-BETA2

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.net
Wed Jul 22 19:05:52 UTC 2009

Gents,

Since the name changed for my cdce device, booting up the OS fails to
obtain an address via dhcp on this interface.  dhclient works normally
after the machine is booted and I provide the command on the command line.

I've got the following in my rc.conf which I would have thought to be
enough, but it doesn't matter as dhclient never gets run,

ifconfig_ue0="DHCP"

This isn't a deal breaker by any means, but would like to inquire about
about the proper steps for getting dhclient to physically work on the
ue0 interface.  Docs on this subject (usb ethernet changes) at this
point are scarce and I'm not sure what specifically needs to be done.

Thanks,
Paul