problem with Soekris net5501 and USB hub

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.net
Mon Jul 13 23:43:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

I recently (just yesterday) had a similar problem with 7-STABLE not
being able to detect devices attached to a hub.  I immediately upgraded
to 8-BETA1 and the problem is gone, though I've run into a number of
other issues unrelated to usb devices.  The sokeris will more than
likely fair better on FBSD 8 than my multipurpose machine, but it may be
worth a try.

~Paul