FreeBSD RoadMap

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 05:23:03 UTC 2009

Is there a general roadmap of what's planned
for future major releases? I don't mean minor
stuff like driver or contributed version bumps.
But bigger, or just plain cool things, like as SMP,
soft updates, ZFS, netgraph, pf, etc, were in the past.

I poked around the website and  wiki a bit and didn't
see any sort of all in one document.

Some sort of dynamic non-binding wiki doc with direction
or work as to how the next two [or 3] majors after the
current one [8] would be interesting. And could be used
by those looking at investing in FreeBSD as a future
or continuing platform. Certainly core/committers have
thoughts on this that are publishable. Something so
people can see where all the projects fit into the whole.