FreeBSD 8.0-BETA1 available via FreeBSD Update

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Sat Jul 11 16:10:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The FreeBSD Update bits for FreeBSD 8.0-BETA1 are now available.  Sorry for
the delay.

I've posted a step-by-step guide to my blog at
   http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2009-07-11-freebsd-update-to-8.0-beta1.html
and I'm asking people to leave comments on that page if they encounter any
problems -- I'm aware of two systems already which didn't manage to reboot after
installing 8.0-BETA1 kernels, so this is definitely a case of "here be dragons".

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve