kern/135412: [zfs] [nfs] zfs(v13)+nfs and open(..., O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, ...)

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Fri Jul 3 14:28:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 16:08 -0400, Mike Andrews wrote:

> >> I could reproduce the problem with O_EXCL and verified that the patch
> >> fixes it. However I couldn't reproduce the problem you are seeing with
> >> touch and mv.
> >
> > same here, touch worked before too - so i think it's unrelated,
> > btw, it seems that the problem does not exist on i386, though
> > I'm pretty sure I tried there too, oh well,
> >
> > thanks!
> > 	danny
>
> I'm not sure if what was commited to stable/7 yesterday is substantially
> different from that patch (and if not, what in the world I was doing
> wrong/stupid in testing), but everything now works for me... thanks :)

Looks like it's working pretty well to me.

It's almost not worth mentioning, but I have an old FreeBSD 4.8 server
(which is the midst of being retired) that is still having an issue
related to this.
When I edit a file with vim 7.0, it creates the swapfile with no perms
(which causes it to complain that the file already exists, and not clean
up after itself)

This only occurs from a 4.8 client, not 5.2.1, 6.2, or 7.2.

Vim is the only program that replicates the problem on that box. touch
works, mv works, procmail works.

I only mention because maybe there's another OS, that's still supported,
that might still have the same issues.

Rick