Vulnerability question

Harald Weis hawei at free.fr
Wed Jul 1 21:05:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 10:00:12AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > > Good catch! I think that is indeed the problem. I disabled realplayer
> > > support for mplayer ages ago, so it doesn't show up in my list.
> >
> > How do you do that precisely ?
> > ``WITH_REALPLAYER=no'' in /etc/make.conf ?
>
> cd /us/ports/multimedia/mplayer
> make config
> Scroll down to the "REALPLAYER  Enable real player plugin" line
> <SPACE> to un-check the line
> <TAB><ENTER>
> make
> make deinstall
> make reinstall
> make clean
>
> Or use 'portupgrade -f' AFTER the 'make config'.

That's not what I meant.
Every time I do ``portsnap fetch update'' mplayer's Makefile contains
the ``real player plugin'' option set to ``on''.
If for some reason I've got to reinstall mplayer with (my preferred)
``portmaster --force-config [-d|-D] multimedia/mplayer'', then
I would like to have the realplay option already unchecked.
This is the way I interpreted Roland's ``so it doesn't show up in my
list''.
I thought the WITH_REALPLAYER=no line in make.conf could do this job,
couldn't it?

Harald