Xorg hangs on first boot

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 31 07:56:19 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 12:26 +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Johannes Dieterich wrote:
>
> JD> | yes, I'm the next person to report Xorg upgrade problems ;)
> JD> |
> JD> | After thorough upgrade (ugh!!!) almost all work as expected, except
> JD> one thing:
> JD> |
> JD> | on initial machine boot, X starts, gdm executes -- and then this
> JD> console is not
> JD> | responded to either keyboard or mouse; however, I can switch to text
> JD> console,
> JD> | log in and kill X server. After that, everything works correctly.
> JD> |
> JD> | Any hints? Thank you in advance.

This sounds like the dbus/hald/gdm race on startup.  A partial solution
has been proposed upstream.  My priority list has FreeBSD specific
issues at the top, but if I find time I may try to finish the work to
fix it upstream.  If some dbus aware person wants to help out, just ping
me and I can point you at the right bit of code.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD