Unable to boot after upgrade to 7.0 or 7.1 STABLE

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:58:18 PST 2009

Hi Wes,

> Have you checked the jumper settings on the drive? There may be a jumper
> forcing SATA150 mode on the drive. I'd reset everything to factory defaults
> if possible.

It's the first thing I did and I did it for the sake of doing it since this
is a brand new computer straight out of HP. The drive is in factory
defaults. I have done all the basics; BIOS upgrade, drive settings, BIOS
settings.....

> You might be able to use the ata driver from 7.0-R in -stable to boot your
> system. If that works, try searching for the commit that breaks your
> controller.

hmmm.... I did not want to go down this track... I was not sure what else i
would break if I did this.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.