Replace Cisco IOS/CBOS with freebsd - possible?

SDH Support admin at stardothosting.com
Thu Jan 29 11:29:10 PST 2009

> Pfsense sounds like exactly what you're looking for. It's a stripped
> down freeBSD with a fancy web interface (well, not too fancy, it's
> been incredibly stable for me). I've deployed it a couple times in
> pseudo production environments and it's been holding up well for the
> last 1.5years+.

Seconded for Pfsense -- although I doubt the Cisco hardware would be
compatible with FreeBSD, and even if it is , I wouldn't want to use it in a
production environment without thorough testing.

If someone can provide more detailed hardware specs, including the chipsets
and processor details of the cisco hardware , im sure we could realistically
evaluate the feasibility.

---
Kevin
Systems Administrator