Replace Cisco IOS/CBOS with freebsd - possible?

Michael Grant mg-fbsd3 at grant.org
Thu Jan 29 05:18:11 PST 2009

Check out OpenWRT, this is essentially linux (busybox on a linux
kernel I believe) that you can load on a router and it runs on more
than a handfull of routers.  It's not freebsd.  Not sure if the Cisco
837 is supported though, but many other routers are.  If not
supported, just go out and buy a cheap router that is supported and
replace your cisco.

Michael Grant