iscsi unsupported INQUIRY

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 23 05:20:23 PST 2009

Andrei Kolu wrote:
> I configured iscsi-target on FreeBSD 7.1 and after I mounted target from
> VMware ESXi I got this following error message:
>
> Jan 23 14:26:35 srv6 iscsi-target: pid 11892:disk.c:956: ***ERROR***
> Unsupported INQUIRY VPD page 85
> Jan 23 14:26:35 srv6 last message repeated 1000 times
>

> Actually I see no strange behaviour or something wrong in server
> configuration- just does not understand what this error message means?

Googling suggests VPD page 85 is a part of yet unfinished specification
for communicating web management URL's between devices and, presumably,
users. It should probably not be logged so insistently :)

ref: (via induction):

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:aFHfjpdAyRYJ:www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl%3Ft%3Dd%26f%3D03-316r1.pdf+scsi+vpd+page+code+85h
and
http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:U9HHcy5MMqIJ:www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl%3Ft%3Dd%26f%3D03-247r0.pdf+scsi+03-183&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1