SYSV* mandatory for COMPAT_IA32 on amd64?

pluknet pluknet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:12:19 PST 2009

2009/1/20 Ollivier Robert <roberto at keltia.freenix.fr>:
> I must have missed the HEADS-UP or something but it seems that the SYSV IPC
> options are now mandatory in order to compile an amd64 kernel with
> COMPAT_IA32...  I get linking errors in kernel.debug because
> freebsd32_syscalls.o is referencing the SYSV syscalls...
>
> Am I alone?

It seems there was always so that COMPAT_IA32 option also required
SYSV* options.
At least since sys/compat/freebsd32/syscalls.master v1.2 those sysv*
marked as always
included. Earlier COMPAT_IA32 sysv* modules could not be loaded (even
if such one
exists). But since r183365 (and subsequent MFC to 6/7) this
restriction starts to look odd.

--
wbr,
pluknet