interrupt storm

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at ksu.ru
Mon Jan 19 20:15:28 PST 2009

Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
>> Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:

>>> what is your motherboard brand? I have the same issue with interrupt
>>> storms, as stated in [1] and I think that it can be related with mb
>>> manyfacturer
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-January/047644.html
>>>

>> Opening the case, reading the m/b:
>>
>>  K9A2 Platinum MSI
>>

> yeah. I suppose that microstar makes something weird in their
> motherboards. I tried to disassemble dsdt and assemble it again -- no
> luck, it has errors ;) more interesting, I've found that dsdt mentions
> windows nt, windowses like millennium, windowses like 2000 and linux
> explicitly. but no mention of any other system. I think this is one of
> cases to investigate, but I have a little experience in dsdt programming :(

still no luck with fixing dsdt. I tried to build a custom dsdt, tried to
set hw.acpi.osname="Linux" in /boot/loader.conf, nothing changes. so it
may be related with APIC, not dsdt only. So, if anyone has any idea how
to find out what is happening, please tell me, we'll try to fix this.

Probably Pyun will give us some advice, wouldn't you? :)

Or should I make a problem report?

--
SY, Marat