Hangs, maybe a clue

Pete Carah pete at port2.altadena.net
Sun Jan 18 19:09:21 PST 2009

I've had some mysterious hangs which I notice that several others have too.
Two of the machines in question are Soekris 4801's running as routers; this
is hard to handle ddb with (though possible for one of them...)  I started
noticing this sometime in December.  My laptop finally hung in a state where
I could do a ps (waiting a long time for the response.)  The strange and
likely related to the hang was softdepflush in R state with 43 MINUTES of
cpu.  (the machine has been up maybe an hour.)

This is 7.1-stable csup'd Jan 9.  I'm backing up to Dec 1 since I didn't notice
it (maybe just didn't notice?).  The load average was about 10 but mostly that
was lower-priority things ready but not run.

-- Pete