iwn driver on 7.1

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 13:30:41 PST 2009

I have a working driver for the Intel 4965, aka iwn(4), loaded on my
Lenovo X300 running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE (amd64).

This driver is a slightly-modified version of the iwn(4) driver
backported from 8.0-CURRENT by Gavin Atkinson:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=221758+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2008/freebsd-stable/20080928.freebsd-stable

I was seeing the same symptoms described in these threads (among others):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-September/045264.html

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1334322+1338147+/usr/local/www/db/text/2009/freebsd-questions/20090118.freebsd-questions

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1418632+1421765+/usr/local/www/db/text/2009/freebsd-questions/20090118.freebsd-questions

...so I debugged and modified Gavin's driver for my system.

The driver and the source tree diff can be downloaded here for any
brave souls wanting to test it out:

http://sites.google.com/site/bsdgooch/files

I'm using the driver now to send this e-mail over a link to my TP-LINK
TL-WR941ND access point (with WPA2). Feedback and bug reports would be
useful.

-brandon