interrupt storm on MSI IXP600 based motherboards

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 16 07:24:58 PST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:52:34 +0000, Pete French
<petefrench at ticketswitch.com> wrote:
>> trouble with onboard re(4) was resolved in -CURRENT and -STABLE, but
>> storms are not bound to ethernet only. storm may appear on any device.
>> if any device generates enough interrupts rate, storm will arrive.
>
> Yes, I just got another storm, on my ATA controller this time. Ah
> well, so much for the idea of disabling unneeded devices!

Yah, I have the same exprience when we disabled onboard nic and added intel
pci based one; the storm went elsewhere...
I don't personally own such box, but I had a few of them at hetzner.de.

--
Kind regards
  Daniel