interrupt storm

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Jan 15 04:21:22 PST 2009

> Opening the case, reading the m/b:
>
>   K9A2 Platinum MSI

I hadnt been paying much attention to this thread, but just to let you
know that I also saw the same thing on this machine which has an MSI 790FX
Platinum motherboard. It was also irq22, and I am also running amd64.

In my case I simply disabled the onboard ethernet (which I wasnt using)
and the problem went away - but then I only saw the problem once, it wasnt
a regular occurrance. If you have an alternative ether card you can drop
in thn you could try that...

I've never had any problem running FreeBSD on MSI boards, but I recently
purchased a new 790GX board, and that will not boot 7.1. Will oput in a PR
about that when I have sorted my other 7.1 woes though :-)

-pete.