interrupt storm

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at ksu.ru
Wed Jan 14 21:36:33 PST 2009

Dan Langille wrote:
> Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:

>> what is your motherboard brand? I have the same issue with interrupt
>> storms, as stated in [1] and I think that it can be related with mb
>> manyfacturer
>>
>> [1]
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-January/047644.html
>>

> Opening the case, reading the m/b:
>
>  K9A2 Platinum MSI

yeah. I suppose that microstar makes something weird in their
motherboards. I tried to disassemble dsdt and assemble it again -- no
luck, it has errors ;) more interesting, I've found that dsdt mentions
windows nt, windowses like millennium, windowses like 2000 and linux
explicitly. but no mention of any other system. I think this is one of
cases to investigate, but I have a little experience in dsdt programming :(

--
SY, Marat