named won't start

Mike Lempriere mike at vintners.net
Wed Jan 14 20:11:50 PST 2009

 From /var/log/messages:
starting BIND 9.4.3-P1 -t /var/named -u bind
could not get query source dispatcher (0.0.0.0#53)
exiting (due to fatal error)

I had just updated from 5-stable (at 5.5) to 6-stable (at 6.4).  Upon
today's upgrade I got to 7.1.  Everything else seems to be be working
(the machine is basically a webserver), except named.  apache is serving
up pages, but only until my TTL times out...

I so no errors in the builds or installs.  I foolwed the instructions in
UPDATING.  I believe I did an accurate merge of my named.conf file.

This is a production machine, with paying customers -- please help!
Thank you!

--
Mike Lempriere- Home: mike at vintners.net  Phone: 206-780-2146
Cellphone: 206-200-5902;  text pager: mikelemp at tmail.com