ZFSv13 in RELENG7

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Jan 12 03:39:31 PST 2009

Andrew Snow wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > On the other hand, 8-current seems to run quite stable at
 > > the moment; I have it running on a workstation for several
 > > weeks without problems.
 >
 > What date of CURRENT are you running?  I tracked down crashes related to
 > changes in SMBFS, but I am still experiencing almost weekly crashes such
 > as machine running out of swap space in the middle of the night for no
 > apparent reason..

$ uname -rs
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT-20081128
$ uptime
12:23PM  up 25 days, 22:07, 0 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I'm not using SMBFS, though.  It's a workstation running
typical desktop things (xterms, web browser, gimp, sane
and similar).

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  Just in case someone wonders how to get timestamp
suffixes to the kernel version string:  I'm using this
little script in place of "make kernel":

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/scripts/makekernel

"[...]  one observation we can make here is that Python makes
an excellent pseudocoding language, with the wonderful attribute
that it can actually be executed."  --  Bruce Eckel