Medical database Vidal

Harald hawei at free.fr
Sun Jan 11 04:58:58 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 07:10:07PM +0000, Ben Morrow wrote:

> I would guess that your CD has both Rock Ridge and Joliet extensions,
> and that the creator has hidden the Win32-specific files from the Unix
> directory tree because they thought they wouldn't be useful. If for some
> reason you need to see the CD as a Win32 machine would, you can use the
> -r option to mount_cd9660.

Thank you very much indeed for your detailed explanation.

Before searching for help I have tried out all options of mount_cd9660,
one after the other and all together or so without understanding their
meaning. Therefore I obviously missed the working one.

`mount_cd9660 -r /dev/acd0 /cdrom' works like a charm.

`wine /cdrom/setup.exe' does the job as well, unfortunately with a
certain number of `err:' and `fixme:' lines.
`cd path/to/VidalCD ; wine VidalCD.exe' starts the application with
the same or similar error lines (which is not surprising).
The programme does run, but is not really operational: It is too slow,
and exiting without problems requires to type `Ctrl+Alt+Backspace' !

No time yet to see whether I am capable to fix something without
further help.

Harald
--
FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008