2 (very old) bugs?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 9 20:12:14 PST 2009

Yannick Cadin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is someone can confirm me that there are 2 bugs never fixed:
>
> - first in the stat command. Only with the -x option. If you execute
> stat -x on /tmp or /usr/bin/passwd parameters for example, the numeric
> representation of mode is wrong. The "special" bits are always 0. No
> suid-bit, no sticky bit!

Our version of stat(1) is essentially an exact duplicate of the code
from NetBSD. I imported this originally, but I have not not had time
to merge changes for a while now. If anyone is interested in taking
this on have a look at:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/stat/

If you get stuck with something please ask for help on -hackers first.
If you get a patch against HEAD I will be glad to take a look at it,
and commit it if appropriate.

hth,

Doug