ACPI support?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Jan 8 19:43:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 13:12:05 +0200
Krassimir Slavchev <krassi at bulinfo.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have had a problem detecting the network card on my notebook when
> ACPI is enabled for a year. The problem still exists in 7.1-RELEASE.

Which make and model notebook is this?

You have my sympaties, my own laptop[1] (Acer Aspire 5672) have the same
sort of problem - drivers for NICs (both wired and wireless) will not
attach if acpi is enabled. And this laptop gets too hot when acpi is
disabled - I fear it will overheat. Linux runs fine[2] on it.

I had a lot of help in trying to fix the problem a wbile back (check
the freebsd-mobile mailing list archives), but in the end, nothing
helped.

 I can only offer general advice, not a solution. Try too look for
a modfified DSDT for your notebook, perhpas you will find something
that helps.