amd64 installworld fails on syscons/scrnmaps

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Mon Feb 23 05:53:44 PST 2009

Hello,

I have an amd64 laptop on which I did a fresh csup to RELENG_7.  I did
the canonical "buildworld", "buildkernel", "installkernel" and so far
so good.

However, when I attempt to "installworld", I get:

===> share/syscons/scrnmaps (install)
./armscii8-2haik8.mk armscii8-2haik8.tmp
uuencode armscii8-2haik8.tmp armscii8-2haik8 > armscii8-2haik8.scm
uuencode: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/src/share/syscons/scrnmaps.
*** Error code 1

The binary uuencode exists in /usr/bin, as do the files:
armscii8-2haik8.tmp armscii8-2haik8, armscii8-2haik8.scm in
/usr/obj/usr/src/share/syscons/scrnmaps/

I have not rebooted since installing the new kernel and have tried
installworld twice.

Here's my /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/supfile:
*default base=/var/db
*default delete use-rel-suffix compress
*default host=cvsup15.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7
src-all

Here's my /etc/make.conf and /etc/src.conf:

make.conf:
# added by use.perl 2009-02-23 03:20:27
PERL_VER=5.8.9
PERL_VERSION=5.8.9

src.conf:
WITHOUT_PROFILE=

Not sure how to diagnose or resolve this on my own and need a little
assistance, please.

--
Regards,
Doug