Backport of glxsb(4) to RELENG_6
lme at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 21 03:27:05 PST 2009
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 09:05:16PM +0100, Patrick Lamaizière wrote:
> Le Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:43:33 +0100,
> Patrick Lamaizière <patfbsd at davenulle.org>:
> > Le Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:34:43 +0100,
> > Lars Engels <lme at FreeBSD.org>:
> > Hi,
> > > I just tried it, but I get this message:
> > > glxsb0: <AMD Geode LX Security Block (AES-128-CBC, RNG)> mem
> > > 0xefff4000-0xefff7fff irq 9 at device 1.2 on pci0
> > > glxsb0: cannot allocate DMA memory of 32768 bytes (12)
> > I think you are very low on memory and the driver cannot allocate his
> > DMA-able buffer (error 12=ENOMEM)
> > This is not really a bug.
> To Lars: Yes it should work at bootime. You must also load the module
> cryptodev.ko to use it with openssl.
> > But i've found another problem related to
> > the taskqueue.
> > I'm doing a fake driver to be able to test on a vmware machine.
> I've tested most of the driver and I think (hope) this is ok.
> Let me know how it works.
Sorry for the late reply. I just tried the new version (thanks for
compiling, stas :) ) and it works now:
glxsb0: <AMD Geode LX Security Block (AES-128-CBC, RNG)> mem 0xefff4000-0xefff7fff irq 9 at device 1.2 on pci0
moe:~# geli list
Geom name: mirror/dataraid1.eli
But the speed is the same. I still only get ~1.2MB/s transfer speed over
However, this doesn't seem to be related to geli. The cpu is pretty much
last pid: 2769; load averages: 0.06, 0.10, 0.08 up 0+00:18:04 12:23:07
39 processes: 1 running, 38 sleeping
CPU: 0.8% user, 0.0% nice, 16.7% system, 9.3% interrupt, 73.2% idle
Mem: 25M Active, 100M Inact, 35M Wired, 6192K Cache, 27M Buf, 588K Free
Anyways, thank you for your work on backporting the driver, Patrick! :)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/attachments/20090221/aa40b5b8/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-stable