FBSD 7.1 XEON Quad Core

Florian Smeets flo at kasimir.com
Thu Feb 12 00:24:07 PST 2009

On 12.02.2009 3:12 Uhr, SDH Support wrote:

>> Yes, if you have (or plan to have) more than 3 GB of memory.
>

> FYI I have had a lot of problems with FBSD7.x and HP DL-series hardware + amd64. There is a bug IIRC in the loader.

I had problems with DL3X0G5 when booting with PXE, every now an then the
loader would hang when trying to load the kernel from an i386 8-CURRENT
NFS server. As soon as i had installed everything and was booting from
the disks the problem did not show up anymore. I also used amd64.

Do you use PXE boot?

Cheers,
Florian