CFT: ath hal src switchover

Bengt Ahlgren bengta at sics.se
Wed Feb 11 15:05:48 PST 2009

Uwe Laverenz <uwe at laverenz.de> writes:

> Sam Leffler schrieb:
>
>> those changes.  To do this you must have an up to date RELENG_7 code
>> base and then apply this patch:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~sam/ath_hal-releng7.patch
>>
>> Then rebuild your kernel.  There should be no changes to user apps.
>
> I tested this on a Thinkpad R51 / RELENG_7 / Atheros 5212 and I see no
> problems with the patch. It builds and runs fine and doesn't seem to
> do anything harmful. :)
>
> I have a problem with this machine though (with or without your
> patch): the wireless connection seems to be stalled every few
> minutes. If I try to send some traffic over ath0 or make wpa_cli
> reconnect it comes back for another few minutes.
>
> The only cure for now seems to be "ifconfig ath0 -bgscan".

That sounds like it can be the same symptoms as I described on the
freebsd-mobile list earlier this week:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2009-February/011343.html

What clockrate do you run at?  On my system (Thinkpad X40, Atheros
5212) the problem does not occur at kern.hz=1000, but it is present at
kern.hz=100.

Tomorrow evening I will investigate this further including testing if
"ifconfig ath0 -bgscan" makes a difference for me.

Bengt