Fwd: aac0 issues, Controller is no longer running

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Feb 6 12:53:29 PST 2009

Xin LI wrote:

> Hi, Adam,
>
> Adam McDougall wrote:
> [...]
>
>>    I've been having issues with the aac0 driver with a Sun STK raid card ( Adaptec 5805 ).  After FBSD upgrades and a reboot,
>> it will lock up when rsync backups run at night.  After doing this about 2-3 times over 2-3 days, it will stabilize and be rock
>> solid.  If you could assist me in maybe debugging it somehow, I would greatly appreciate it.
>>

> Which release are you using in the past (seems you don't have problem
> with that release, if I understand correctly), and which release are you
> upgrading to?  That information would help us to narrow down the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/

We've been tracking 7-stable since the system was installed about half a
year ago.  This issue has occurred every few months whenever we update
to a more recent -stable.  I haven't seen any recent changes to aac in
the last few months; this last upgrade was purely compulsory.  This is
the first time I can recall where it has hung up 3 nights in a row now
after the upgrade, usually its just 2.  It seems that it hung up last
night about 3am or possibly earlier, judging based on when remote
network connections started timing out.  I'm guessing it was tickled by
the nightly periodic find scripts.  Thanks.