Jails working differently in FreeBSD-8

Nathan Butcher n-butcher at fusiongol.com
Mon Dec 14 05:50:39 UTC 2009

Jails appear to be working differently in 8.0 compared with 7.x (due to
the networking changes in 8 most likely).

Anyway, I've created a jail in 8.0 and given it it's own IPv4 IP
address. Problem is, when I attempt to SSH to this jail IP address, I'm
arriving in the host environment, and not the jailed environment.

In 7.x I would have landed inside the jail.... so what's going on in 8?
Hopefully someone who has already solved this issue can help me out a bit.