Fatal trap 9 triggered by zfs?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Fri Dec 4 20:44:40 UTC 2009

Am 04.12.2009 um 21:20 schrieb Thomas Backman:

> Bad RAM/motherboard? My first thought when I read your first mail (re: identical hardware) was bad hardware, and this seems to point towards that too, no?
> Have you tried memtest86+?

No, I haven't yet, since I don't have physical access right now, and the box is in production service.  I've shifted a couple of services to the other, identical box to see if that changes anything in the behavior.

Right now it seems that heavy CPU load triggers panics, so bad RAM, CPU, chipset, mainboard, or marginal power supply are all possibilities.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811