SSH oddness with 8.0-STABLE

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Dec 1 12:02:42 UTC 2009

> This would indicate the OP was running a 7.2-STABLE system which was
> built prior to 2008/08/01 (with some variance; sometimes the commit
> times do not match the timestamp in src/UPDATING), or a system which had
> not had mergemaster run on it to populate the changes into /etc/ssh.

Well, I admit it puzzled me too, but I am also seeing the
same effect - sshing into my newly upgraded 8.0 box gives me
precisely the warning described. I did not get this on 7.2, and
until yesterday the box was running the absolute latest 7-STABLE.

In my case, however, the warning came when sshing in from an OSX machine.
I havent seen it between FreeBSD machines yet.

-pete.