fix ntptrace man page

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 25 09:12:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 04:58 +0200, Oliver Pinter wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It's a small fix to ntpdate man page for freebsd 7-stable.

I was looking at this a few days ago.  The problem is not that the man
page is wrong, it's that the man page documents an entirely different
tool.  For some reason, FreeBSD provides it's own version of ntptrace
which lacks anything but the basic functionality, whereas the man page
installed is that of the ntptrace tool as supplied in the ntpd
distribution.  It would seem much more sensible to use the official
ntptrace and retain all the functionality people expoect from ntptrace,
although I haven't yet found time to get to the bottom of why this was
switched over from the official code in the first place.

Gavin