Blocked process

Bob Bishop rb at gid.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 11:35:59 UTC 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 12:06, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>>> Hmm. ISTR having similar problems around the 6.1-2 era. You might
>>> try 6.4 if that's possible for you.
>>
>> Someone is going to visit it, but if I can't solve it remotely I'll
>> probably just update it to 7.2 or so.
>
> What sort of problems did you have BTW?

Things like ls on the console might take several seconds to respond
when the box didn't seem to be very busy (but wasn't idle, maybe
serving a little NFS). It wasn't the shell getting swapped out or
anything else obvious. This was on SMP, not using X. The problem went
away with 6.4R (had to stay with 6.x for unrelated reasons).

--
Bob Bishop
rb at gid.co.uk