USB mouse not detected on boot of 7-STABLE

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Aug 13 21:26:04 UTC 2009

> Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:36:24 +0200 (CEST)
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no>
> Sender: Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no

> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:16-0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> > Hardware that simply would not work on the old stack is operating
> > flawlessly on 8.0-BETA2.
>
> Does this include hardware such as the Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem?

No, I have no such modem to try.

It does support Aladdin eToken Pro 4.2B and later SmartCard Tokens
(which was my big issue) and seem to inter-operate properly with power
management features like deep sleep states and such. Lower power drain.

The new stack in simply batter organized and cleaner as well as being
designed with knowledge of many of the problems with the old stack. Lots
of timing issues and the like that plagued the old stack have vanished,
although I'm sure it introduces a few new issues.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)