8.0-BETA2, console freezes

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sun Aug 9 19:30:57 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

* Eric Masson <emss at free.fr> wrote:
> I've installed 8.0-BETA2 on a MSI Nettop 110, it works fine, except vty
> switching via [Ctrl][F1-8] that takes at least 1 minute.
> In the mean time, the box is fully responsive on the network level
> (logged in via ssh).
>
> Dmesg attached (LOR inside).

I have also seen this on some of the systems I use myself, where
switching VTs locks up the video for a second or two. It seems to be
unrelated to any of my Syscons and TTY changes, because I have also
experienced this before I worked on MPSAFE TTY.

Happily enough, this issue isn't present in my own console driver,
because it doesn't reprogram the graphics hardware when switching
virtual terminals, which I suspect it is related to.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/