a way to read large (>4G) files from iso9660

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at ksu.ru
Wed Aug 5 15:35:57 UTC 2009

Hello!

I wonder, is there any way to access multi-extent iso9660 level 3 files
in FreeBSD?

1. if I have large file on Joliet enabled iso9660, I can access only
last filesize%4G extent
2. if I have RockRidge enabled iso9660 I have as many extents as
filesize/4G+1, and each of them is nothing but first 4G of file

so, if I have a large file written to Joliet+RockRidge I have the
following way to access my file:
1. mount with RR and copy first 4G of file
2. mount without RR and concatenate a tail of file with already copied
4G head

but if I have a file larger than 8G, then I never can access this file
under FreeBSD, while in, e.g., windows or macos X, this file can be
accessed without a problem

I know that using udf can partially resolve this problem, but sometimes
such dvds were written without udf and Rockridge, and I cannot access
the file at all.

--
SY, Marat